Please note: the LF 360° feedback tool will be closing to new users on the 31st October 2013, by which point a new 360° feedback tool to support the new Leadership Model will be available. Please see the Frequently Asked Questions page about this process to find out more, and what this may mean for you.
360° feedback is a powerful tool to help individuals identify where their leadership strengths and development needs lie. The process includes getting confidential feedback from line managers, peers and direct reports. As a result, it gives an individual an insight into other people’s perceptions of their leadership abilities and behaviour.
Find out more about how to use the Leadership Framework (LF) 360° feedback tool in your organisation with the organisational toolkit.
Who is the LF 360° tool for?
For junior staff, we would recommend the use of the self-assessment tool.
Staff who may benefit from undertaking the LF 360° might be:
- Looking for further information on their leadership behaviours
- Wanting to benchmark their leadership performance against others
- Seeking to understand the impact of their behaviour on others
- Looking to draw up personal development plans
The LF 360° tool is not appropriate for:
- Individuals who do not have leadership responsibilities or
- Employees who do not aspire to a leadership position in the near future
- Assessing technical / clinical skills
- The purposes of redundancy, dismissal, disciplinary hearings etc.
What are the benefits of the LF 360°?
- Increased self-awareness
- Discovering blind spots
- Understanding strengths
- Taking ownership and control of own development
- Improved communication
- More open culture
- Improved team working and mutual understanding
- Improved leadership skills / capabilities
How do I access the LF 360° feedback tool?Visit http://www.nhslf360.to-survey.com/ to access the LF 360° tool.
What are people saying about the LF 360°?
“360 degree feedback forms an integral part of your ongoing development. It enables you to receive feedback that is balanced and represents the whole picture. If you are serious about developing further then this process will give you valuable insight into what you do well, as well as, your opportunities for improvement. I have participated in this process a number of times and found it very worthwhile. It helped me formulate my ongoing development plan and establish some clear objectives that I wanted to work on in the future”
Cara Charles-Barks, General Manager – Emergency & Critical Care, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
“I found my 360 to be the most beneficial part of the programme. It was a real fillip for me and clarified many issues for me. If you are honest about using it as a learning experience and choose people who will be fair but honest in giving their opinion then 360 will be of benefit as it will surface both the good and the bad allowing one to reflect and learn. It can be a good tool for personal growth and development taken in the right spirit.”
Dr. J. Thiagarajan FRCA, MBA, RST Associate – Revalidation Lead EOE SHA; Medical Lead – Herts and Beds Critical Care Network; Consultant in Anaesthesia and Critical Care
“I would state that the 360 is a must do for ALL leaders if they are truly to understand how they function and develop into effective leaders. It has been a very useful experience for me and has enabled me to reflect on how I am ‘perceived’ by others which may not always be my intention. Therefore it has given me areas to work on which will aid my development. 360 is the only way that those around you can feel safe to give a true reflection on how they view the individual.”
Patricia Wren, Head of Children and Young Peoples Services, Lead Nurse for Luton Community Services & Programme Director for integration of Children’s Services
Find out more
- Planning to use the LF 360° Feedback Tool : includes information for individuals and organisations interesting in undertaking the LF 360° Feedback Tool.
- Cost of the LF 360° Feedback Tool
- LF 360° Feedback Tool – 6 Month analysis Download this report to see an analysis of the data from the first six months of the LF° 360 Feedback Tool.
If you have any questions or queries about the LF 360° Feedback Tool or process please contact the LF 360° Support Line on 360Support.NHS@right.com or 0800 458 2053.