Travelling by car
We recommend travel by rail as the Academy has no dedicated parking. The Academy is located at the postcode LS1 4BJ in your SatNav.
There are several nearby car parks available, varying in price:
- Sweet Street car park, 10 minute walk, LS11 9BX, 10 minute walk, £3.50 daily, uncovered.
- The Brewery, Hunslet Road, LS10 1JQ, 7 minute walk, £6.00 daily (£6.50 card payment), covered.
- Queen’s Hall car park, Leeds LS1 4AG, 2 minute walk, £10.50 daily, covered.
Travelling by rail to Leeds
Directions from Leeds station – main entrance
- Leave Leeds station by the main entrance by Marks & Spencer, turn left toward the traffic lights
- Turn right on Neville Street
- Once you have passed under the railway arch, turn left onto Sovereign Street
- We are situated on the right side of the road
Directions from Leeds station – south entrance
The Academy is approximately a six-minute walk at a normal pace from the new south entrance of Leeds station.
If you plan to walk:
- The south exit from the station is from level three near the escalators and lift leading to platforms 16 and 17
- If you come in on other platforms, you can get to the south exit by taking the nearest lift, escalator or stairs to the upper level
- From the ticket barrier at the exit, take the escalator, stairs or lift to level 0
- From level 0, turn left at the bottom of the escalator, then turn briefly back on yourself where you’ll see the exit sliding door
- Proceed over the short bridge and down the steps at the end
- At the bottom of the steps turn left, then take the first left onto the bridge back over the river
- When you get to the end of the bridge, go down the steps and carry straight on up the small street with cobbles. In about 100 meters you’ll come to traffic lights next to the Hilton Hotel
- Cross straight over the road and you’re on Sovereign Street
The Academy is about 200m down Sovereign Street (KPMG – which is a big blue glass building will be on the left, and the Academy is directly opposite on the right hand side of the road).
- The exit to the station south side is from level three near the escalators and lift leading to platforms 16 and 17. If you come in on other platforms you can get to the south exit by taking the nearest lift to the upper level
- There’s a ticket barrier at the exit and a wider accessible gate on the left. From here, take the lift directly in front of you once though the barriers to level 0
- On exiting the lift turn immediately left and walk past the first exit. Take the one directly in front of the bottom of the escalator – there’s usually a big blue newspaper repository for the ‘Metro’ right in front of it.
- Turn right, go down the ramp and proceed under the arches for about 100m
- At the main road, turn right and continue for about another 100m to the traffic lights, which are next to the Hilton Hotel
- Cross straight over the road and you’re in Sovereign Street. The Academy is about 200m down Sovereign Street (KPMG – which is a big blue glass building will be on the left and the Academy is directly opposite) on the right hand side of the road
- The entrance has ramp access