Applications are now closed. Please register your interest below.
Before applying, we strongly encourage prospective applicants to have an initial conversation with your NHS England and NHS Improvement Regional Director to get a view of your suitability for a chief executive level role in the next two years. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a call with one of the following Regional Directors:
- South West, Elizabeth O’Mahony
- South East, Anne Eden
- Midlands, Dale Bywater
- East of England, Ann Radmore
- North West, Bill McCarthy
- North East and Yorkshire, Richard Barker
- London, Sir David Sloman
To find out more about the application and selection process please contact us at email@example.com
How to apply
Applications for cohort 4 will open on Monday 2 September. The closing date for applications is Monday 30 September 2019 at 12pm. All applications will be acknowledged.
Candidates who are successful at the application stage will be asked to attend a half-day assessment centre (consisting of a panel interview, patient interview and group exercise) to be held over 20 and 21 November 2019.
As part of the application process, you will be required to complete the following documents:
- A full CV which details your education, professional qualifications and full employment history. Please ensure this includes daytime and evening contact details, which will be used with discretion.
- A supporting statement (of no more than two sides of A4) outlining why you wish to become an NHS chief executive, the experience, knowledge, skills, personal qualities and behaviours that will enable you to become a successful chief executive, and what you hope to get out of the programme. Please refer to the participant criteria for guidance.
- A signed supporting information and declaration form to confirm your chief executive/chair/accountable officer support for your participation on the programme.
- All candidates are also requested to complete an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form online. The information will be treated as confidential and is for monitoring purposes only; it will not form part of the application process.
All of the above must be submitted in order to be considered