- Programme structure
- Who's it for?
- Register your interest
- Programme director
- Dates, locations and costs
- A four-day residential in Leeds (we’ll source and fund a venue for you; this will be based on a model we’ve used on other programmes successfully, including our current cross systems Intersect programme)
- Three-day ‘deliberative’ residential in impact groups
- Four funded impact group days facilitated by a member of our faculty team
- Access to NHSx – the Leadership Academy’s online learning platform
- Four x two hour funded coaching sessions with an executive coach
- The Healthcare Leadership Model 360 degree feedback tool to help give you insight into other people’s perceptions of your leadership abilities and behaviour
- Online learning
The programme will continually focus on the changes you’re leading in your workplace, your own responsibilities and influencing capacity around that change.
You’ll be provided with expert input and thought-provoking and stimulating experiences in both large and small groups.
The deliberative structure enables participants to get optimal data in a short time on what it’s like to be on the receiving end of each other. So it’s the part of the programme where you’ll explore in detail your needed learning to expand self- awareness and self- knowledge to diagnose what changes of style and behaviours would enhance your leadership, empathy and relational skills and increase your personal impact and presence.
Frequently asked questions
How many people will I be working with on a cohort?
There are 40 places per cohort and we will run three cohorts each year.
How long is the commitment for the programme?
The programme runs for a year.
Is it linked to regional programmes?
The Director programme works in harmony with the Academy’s Local Delivery Partners. Where your development needs can be met locally they will be, but the Director programme supplements this with invaluable stretch opportunities, national exposure, networking, and specific executive development (where appropriate). It can also link your career support plans with existing PDPs and alongside organisational and regional programmes.
What else can I access following completion of the programme?
If you’re looking to move into a chief executive role, we’re developing a suite of development offers which includes our Aspiring Chief Executive programme.
We can also put you in contact with our NHS Executive Search team if you’re looking to move into a new senior leadership role. They can help you in your search.
Does the NHS Leadership Academy offer anything for NHS Chairs?
Yes. NHS Executive Search has been established to provide a viable alternative to the use of external commercial search firms when recruiting to executive roles.
- A comprehensive search across all parts of the NHS and, where the role permits, across other parts of the public and private sectors
- Detailed and high-quality support and insight through the selection and appointment process
- Objective and independent challenge and scrutiny throughout the process.