Stepping Up is a 5-month leadership development programme for aspiring Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) colleagues who work within healthcare (the NHS or an organisation providing NHS care). The programme is designed to bridge the gap between where applicants are and where they need to be, to progress into more senior roles. Successful applicants will be empowered to drive forward the inclusion agenda and develop their skills and abilities in order to grow and progress.
- Increasing your self-awareness and the leadership strengths your diversity brings
- Range of management principles, gaining comprehensive understanding of leadership and management
- Developing your communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of senior leadership requirements and the opportunity to craft your authentic leadership style and approach
- Developing an understanding of the factors that both block and enable BAME progression and development
- Developing a personal and organisational strategy, and your ability to influence the healthcare system you work in to create greater equality
Who is it for?
This programme is for BAME healthcare leaders and those aspiring to lead. Applicants usually come from Bands 5 to 7.
Why should I join the programme?
- You will prepare and develop for more senior leadership roles within the NHS.
- You will be able to challenge the diverse environment you work in to make transformational change.
- You will develop the knowledge, experience and skills to help your organisation create an inclusive culture. It will also help you to influence change across wider healthcare.
- The programme will empower you to become a role model to help inspire the development and progression of others.