How you will learn
The Stepping Up Programme is delivered over 5 months through blended learning and consists of 3 face-to-face residentials (currently delivered virtually), self-directed and workplace-based learning.
For detailed information on programme structure click here.
The Stepping Up programme is fully funded by the NHS Leadership Academy.
However, this does not mean it is free. Participants must commit themselves to the full journey of the programme and will be asked to sign a document expressing the intention to do so, prior to taking a place. If participants withdraw from the programme before fully completing it, and without extenuating circumstances agreed with the NHS Leadership Academy, your organisation will be liable to bear the full cost of the programme which is £1,500.
The Stepping Up programme will help you:
- Prepare and develop for more senior leadership roles within the NHS
- Challenge the diverse environment you work in to make transformational change
- Develop the knowledge, experience and skills to help your organisation create an inclusive culture and also help you to influence change across wider healthcare
- Be empowered you to become a role model to help inspire the development and progression of others
- Positive impact on patient care by helping staff reach their full potential
- Representing the population you serve to ensure the best patient care is being delivered at the front line
- Unlocking previously untapped creativity and productivity
- Working at a faster pace towards the equality agenda
- Providing the best environment in which BAME staff can thrive
- Reducing attrition – there’s a national shortage of nurses, doctors and other medical professionals and a large proportion of these colleagues come from BAME backgrounds
- Inspiring other BAME colleagues to progress into more senior roles
How to apply
You will need to provide your details and write a personal statement.
We particularly encourage all our colleagues from underrepresented groups to consider all our leadership development offers.
To apply for this programme, please fill in our application form here.
If you want to talk to us about your leadership development, please contact the programme team by email at [email protected].
We currently do not have any cohort dates available. This is a rolling programme that accepts applications throughout the year. We expect to re-open applications from summer 2022.