The model consists of two elements: upfront tailoring (’skinning’) and ongoing licencing, with separate costs associated with each.
The upfront cost varies depending on the scale and scope of the programme model required, as this is tailored towards individual organisations. The cost covers:
- Facilitator training
- Filming video footage of up to three films to be embedded in the tailored virtual campus
- ‘Skinning’ – creation of a co-branded Virtual Campus including the three films
- Method/process of applications for the programme and participant handling
- Quality Assurance (QA) of the design and delivery of the tailored programme, including QA of facilitators, workshop delivery and design of any locally-derived materials and resources
- Support in the branding and development of a marketing pack for use within the organisation which includes an eBook, leaflets, an online banner, posters.
Please contact [email protected] for more information about the upfront cost.
Once facilitators are trained to deliver the programme, the NHS Leadership Academy will support the organisation to introduce the Mary Seacole programme. The cost in the first year is currently estimated at £150 per person (as the programme rolls out this figure will be reviewed) and will cover:
- Administration to support
- Participant support
- Management of participant access to the virtual campus (VC)
- VC support and delivery
- One Healthcare Leadership Model 360° feedback per participant
- Postage of programme materials (journal, certificate, badge)
- Ongoing digital support and helpdesk
- Assignment marking and moderation
The per person cost will not cover accommodation, venue or graduation costs.
We recommend that each organisation plan and deliver a graduation/celebration event to mark the achievement of the participants and promote professional leadership practice.
Based on the estimated cost of £150 per person and the upfront fixed cost, our aim is to provide the highest quality first time leader development, at scale, tailored to organisational need, at excellent value with exceptional return on investment.