Who is the programme for?
This programme is designed for anyone aspiring to their first leadership or management role within the health and care sector over the next 1-2 years and who are looking to achieve a nationally recognised accredited qualification to further their career.
CMI Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Management and Leadership.
8 – 10 months.
The programme is delivered online and can be completed at the learner’s own pace.
Approximately 2 hours per week (plus a requirement to write assignments).
Foundation Chartered Manager (fCMgr) status is awarded on successful completion of the programme.
• Level 5 Mary Seacole programme.
What will I learn?
• Principles of Management and Leadership
• Exploring what Leadership Means to Me
• Leadership in Patient Centred Care
• Managing a Team to Achieve Results
• Giving and Receiving Feedback
• Personal Values and Self Awareness
• Assessment is based on attendance at online workshops and contributing to an online discussion forum throughout the programme.
• Learners need to pass the assignments for CMI and Edward Jenner to demonstrate that not only have they understood the assessment criteria but also have applied their learning effectively in the workplace.
• There is no exam.
What is the difference between the existing Leadership Academy Edward Jenner Programme and this new Edward Jenner CMI Accredited Programme?
The existing Edward Jenner Programme is delivered by NHS Leadership Academy. The new Edward Jenner CMI Accredited Programme is delivered by Pearson TQ.
Both programmes cover the same subject topics but there may be additional cost, time and assignment requirements for CMI accreditation.
Find out more information and how to apply to Edward Jenner CMI Accredited Programme here
Find out more about the existing Leadership Academy programme here