Who is the programme for?
This programme is designed for leaders in healthcare who are looking to achieve a nationally recognised accredited qualification to further their career. It is suitable for those with responsibilities for people and services who will have the opportunity to apply what they learn to the workplace.
CMI Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership.
10 – 12 months.
The programme is delivered online with independent online learning.
Approximately 5 hours per week (plus a requirement to write assignments).
Foundation Chartered Manager (fCMgr) status is awarded on successful completion of the programme.
• Rosalind Franklin or Elizabeth Garret Anderson NHS Leadership Academy programmes.
What will I learn?
• Principles of Management and Leadership in an Organisational Context
• Principles of Developing, Managing and Leading Individuals and Teams to Achieve Success
• Fundamentals of Finance and HR
• Recruitment and Selection
• Leading for improvement
• Assessment is based on attendance at three online workshops and contributing to an online discussion forum throughout the programme.
• Learners need to pass the assignments for the CMI and Mary Seacole qualifications to demonstrate that not only have they understood the assessment criteria but also have applied their learning effectively in the workplace.
• There is no exam.
What is the difference between the existing Leadership Academy Mary Seacole and this new Mary Seacole CMI Accredited Programme?
The existing Mary Seacole Programme is delivered by NHS Leadership Academy. The new Mary Seacole CMI Accredited Programme is delivered by Pearson TQ.
Both programmes cover the same subject topics but there may be additional cost, time and assignment requirements for CMI accreditation.
Find out more information and how to apply to Mary Seacole CMI Accredited Programme here
Find out more about the existing Leadership Academy programme here