If you love what you do, why stop there?
Because you care – the NHS Leadership Academy is looking to support frontline nurses and midwives and help you do the job that you love, even better and have a greater influence on the way care is delivered. The programme will help you reflect on your strengths, your role and your ability to do what you came in to the profession to do – make a difference to people’s lives.
Who is the programme for?
Whether you’re working in people’s homes, nursing homes, out in the community, or on the wards, the Frontline nursing and midwifery programme is for all nurses and midwives working in organisations providing NHS funded care. You’ll also be keen to take part in a development programme that allows you to be the nurse or midwife you want to be – and help your colleagues do the same.
Over the course of six months you will:
- build your confidence and capability to have even greater influence on care
- learn to recognise what you do well… and find out what you can do better
- develop new skills and put them into practice
- take the opportunity to think about how your behaviour impacts on those around you, including patients, colleagues and care teams
What should I expect?
- A short amount of pre-induction preparation in your own time
- A half-day induction, face to face in your learning group, in your region
- Two 2-day residential workshops in your learning group, in your region
- Five online modules
- A continuing journey that allows you to bring your colleagues on board… pass it on
When does the programme start?
The first cohorts of the programme will begin in April 2014, nationwide. Applications are on a first come, first served basis.
The current cohorts are:
|Cohort||Online access||Half day induction||Two day workshop 1||Two day workshop 2||Location|
|1||28 Apr 2014||14 May 2014||24-25 Jun 2014||5-6 Aug 2014||Cambridge|
|2||28 Apr 2014||14 May 2014||24-25 Jun 2014||5-6 Aug 2014||Bristol|
|3||28 Apr 2014||14 May 2014||24-25 Jun 2014||5-6 Aug 2014||Oxford|
|4||28 Apr 2014||15 May 2014||25-26 Jun 2014||7-8 Aug 2014||Brighton|
|5||28 Apr 2014||15 May 2014||25-26 Jun 2014||7-8 Aug 2014||London|
|6||12 May 2014||20 May 2014||1-2 July 2014||12-13 Aug 2014||Nottingham|
|7||12 May 2014||20 May 2014||1-2 July 2014||12-13 Aug 2014||Birmingham|
|8||12 May 2014||21 May 2014||1-2 July 2014||12-13 Aug 2014||Manchester|
|9||12 May 2014||21 May 2014||2-3 July 2014||14-15 Aug 2014||Leeds|
|10||12 May 2014||22 May 2014||2-3 July 2014||14-15 Aug 2014||Durham|
|11||20 May 2014||03 June 2014||15-16 July 2014||1-2 Sept 2014||London|
|12||20 May 2014||3 June 2014||15-16 July 2014||1-2 Sept 2014||Leeds|
|13||20 May 2014||04 June 2014||16-17 July 2014||3-4 Sept 2014||Liverpool|
How do I apply?
Applications are made through the website.
Because you care.