The Edward Jenner programme is your first port of call if you’re looking to build a strong foundation of leadership skills that can help enhance your confidence and competence in your role. The programme has been designed to offer flexibility as a suite of online short courses.
The programme will support you as you develop essential leadership skills. The programme is a suite of short courses and begins with an introduction course, and then is structured in two levels:
- Course 1: Exploring what leadership means to me
- Course 2: Leading through relationships
- Course 3: Leading in and beyond my team
- Course 4: The leader as manager
Who is it for?
This programme is designed for anyone aspiring to their first leadership or management role within the health and care sector within the next 1-2 years.
If you desire to do any of the following, this programme is also for you;
- Begin your journey of personal development
- Improve your experience of work, work relationships or your teamwork and communication skills
- Understand what leaders do and how they do it
- Make a difference in the way your team works or the services you provide
- Manage and lead your team through change
- Prepare to lead in the future
You will ideally have a role, be on a work placement or volunteer in a health and care setting to participate in the activities on this programme. There is no prior experience or knowledge required.
If you want to feel more able to deal with the daily challenges of working in healthcare, better equipped to care for patients, lead services and provide leadership for those around you – supporting them to do their job better – the Edward Jenner programme is for you.
Why should I join the programme?
The programme has been designed with health and care staff, for everyone working in a health and care context. Highly practical and patient-focused, it’s a great way to understand the purpose, challenges and culture of the NHS.
It’s flexible and enlightening, helping you get a fresh perspective on the impact you have on the patient experience – either directly or indirectly. It’s also a valuable refresher at any level, as well as an important first step towards further leadership development.
Non-urgent advice: Previous version of the programme
Edward Jenner 2.1 was the main Edward Jenner programme version available until the end of 2021. This version is being replaced and we encourage new participants to enrol in the latest version. The programme will still be accessible for one to two years if you:
– Have enrolled but have not completed the programme.
– Are studying at a university that uses this version of the programme.