The Elizabeth Garrett Anderson Programme is a 24-month master’s degree programme in Healthcare Leadership. It will equip you with confidence to challenge the status quo and drive real and lasting change to improve the patient experience.
- Developing a deeper understanding of the patient experience and strengthening your existing leadership practice through cutting-edge theory and evidence
- Working more strategically with greater collaboration across large and complex programmes, departments, services and systems of care
- Bringing immediate positive and productive changes to your team(s), organisations, services and patients in areas such as increasing staff morale, improving patient experience, effective service redesign and providing financial benefits
- Improving your personal impact to help drive progress in your team(s) and inspire your organisation to build a culture of inclusive, patient-centred care
- Focusing on helping you to become more resilient and able to meet the demands of working in often high-pressured healthcare environments so that patients see improved outcomes and experiences
Who is it for?
Any middle to senior level leader currently responsible for other leaders and aspiring to lead large and complex programmes, departments, services, or systems of care.
It’s for you if, as a middle leader, you’re aspiring to take on a more senior role while, at the same time, looking to have a wider impact by leading a culture of compassion.
Watch this short video (2:50 mins) with Adewale Abimbola, Elizabeth Gareth Anderson participant, describing his experience on the course, what you can expect and how the course has helped him in his career.
Why should I join the programme?
- You will learn from innovative, world-class healthcare experts and use ground-breaking learning technologies to prepare for the challenges of senior leadership.
- You will apply new skills, learning and behaviours directly to real-time work-related improvements.
- You will build a powerful, regional and national support network of like-minded, influential leaders.
This is a fully accredited programme that leads to NHS Leadership Academy Award in Senior Healthcare Leadership and a Master’s in Healthcare Leadership so you will graduate with a highly sought-after leadership development qualification, improving your career and promotion prospects across the NHS. It is delivered in partnership with University of Birmingham and the University of Manchester with additional contributions from the UK Improvement Alliance, Eden & Partners, National Voices and the Social Care Institute for Excellence.
For further information on the programme please click here.