The Rosalind Franklin programme is for clinicians or managers leading from the middle of health and care systems, aspiring to lead large and complex programmes, departments, services or systems of care.
It aims to help shape middle level leaders’ knowledge, skills, attitudes and behaviours to help them become outstanding, compassionate and inclusive leaders, working at all levels across the health and care system, to help improve services for people who access them. The Rosalind Franklin programme will support participants to be outstanding innovators, leaders, and team-members. Evidence shows that outstanding leadership in health and care has four key aspects: compassion, inclusion, collaboration, and knowledge of improvement skills and how to apply them. This programme will encourage participants to ask, and answer, fundamental questions that will support them to become an outstanding leader. The programme leads to an NHS Leadership Academy Award in Senior Healthcare Leadership.
- Develop a deeper and clearer sense of who you are, your strengths and development areas – strengthening your existing leadership practice through cutting edge theory, evidence and practice
- Improve your personal impact to help you drive progress in your team(s) and inspire your organisation/system to build compassionate, inclusive, person-centred cultures of care
- Understand more about your team and how to work in, and with, it more effectively
- Develop new ideas about how best to work with others through change – understanding different leadership approaches, challenges related to change, and your relationship to them
- Bring immediate positive and productive changes to your team(s), organisations, services and service users in areas such as increasing staff morale, improving service user experience, effective service redesign, reduction of waste and more efficient use of resources
- Understand where you, and your services are located in the wider health and care system and gain a deeper understanding of the experiences of people who access them
- Work with several analytical tools to more deeply understand the challenges you are currently facing
- Build a powerful support network of influential leaders
- Increase adaptability and readiness to meet the demands of senior leadership within the challenging, transforming environment of the health and care system
- Develop a deeper understanding of the concept of being a systems leader and how that will require you to behave differently
- Improving the organisation’s success with participants bringing immediate positive and productive changes to their teams, services and service users in areas such as increasing staff morale, improving service user experience, effective service redesign, reduction of waste and more efficient use of resources
- Developing participants to work more strategically with greater collaboration across large and complex programmes, departments, services and systems of care, leading to less waste and more efficient use of resources
- Participants building a powerful, regional and national support network of like-minded, influential leaders
- Participants building the self-compassion, confidence and capabilities to meet the demands of senior leadership within the challenging, transforming environment of health and care and the system
- Increasing the number of compassionate, inclusive, inspiring and innovative leaders in the organisation’s talent pipeline for better succession planning
- Improved leadership practice having a greater positive impact on organisational culture, and inclusive, person-centred care
Applications for the programme are now closed.