As part of creating the Workforce, Training and Education function of NHS England, we are reviewing our approach to leadership and management development. Recruitment for new applications to some our leadership development programmes, including Rosalind Franklin, are therefore on hold.
Free-to-access programmes such as Edward Jenner, Foundations in Systems Leadership, Sustainability Leadership for Greener Health and Care and Core Managers continue to run, as well as access to programmes via a number of apprenticeships at all levels.
The Rosalind Franklin programme will support you to become outstanding innovators, leaders, and team members working across the health and care system, to help improve services for people and communities that access them.
The programme is 9 months long with eight workshop days and you’ll be expected to commit approximately four to five hours a week to study.
- Leadership skills and developing a deeper and clearer sense of who you are, your strengths and development areas – strengthening your existing leadership practice through cutting-edge theory, evidence and practice
- Change management – understanding different leadership approaches, challenges related to change, and your relationship to them
- How teams work – understanding more about your team and how to work in, and with, it more effectively
- System leadership – developing a deeper understanding of the concept of being a systems leader and how that will require you to behave differently
- Understanding where you, and your services, are located in the wider health and care system and exploring the experiences of people who access them
Who is it for?
The programme is for mid-level leaders aspiring to lead large and complex programmes, departments, services or systems.
Why should I join the programme?
- improve your personal impact to help you drive progress in your team(s) and inspire your organisation/system to build compassionate, inclusive, person-centred cultures of care
- bring immediate positive and productive changes to your team(s), organisations, services and service users in areas such as increasing staff morale, improving service user experience, effective service redesign, reduction of waste and more efficient use of resources
- build a powerful support network of influential leaders
For further information on the programme please click here.