This programme is designed to develop your leadership abilities, giving you the tools and knowledge to build a greener, more sustainable health system. It will help you foster confidence in yourself and your capacity to lead the health system towards net-zero.
What is covered?
This programme offers two tracks, both over 21 weeks:
- Track 1: an online only programme
- Track 2: combines the online programme with face-to-face workshops designed to help participants apply their learning and deepen their practice
Both tracks cover the following courses:
- Strand 1 – A sustainability worldview: Understanding the environment
- Strand 2 – Developing self-leadership for sustainability: Designing your development
- Strand 3 – Engaging with systems and complexity: Understanding complexity and developing systems working
- Strand 4 – Developing collective impact: Creating a shared vision and making a difference
You can access the programme either online only at your own pace or as a combination of online learning plus face-to-face experiential workshops over 21 weeks. Click here for more information about the structure of the course.
Who is it for?
Track 1 is for new and aspiring leaders who will work across organisational boundaries and who want to be a part of taking the health and care system towards net-zero.
Track 2 is for leaders who aspire to or are new to influencing the net-zero agenda and leading the system to a more sustainable future.
No prior experience or knowledge in sustainability is required.
Why should I join?
– To become more aware of the environmental impacts of health and care
-To develop the interpersonal skills required to lead more sustainable services
– To evaluate and demonstrate the impact of your leadership decisions on carbon reduction and improved health outcomes
– To encourage others to become leaders in sustainability
-The programme can help you make your mark on the transition of health and care towards net-zero and a sustainable future for us all
-The programme is free for public sector health and care staff, for more eligibility information click here.