The NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme is hosted by the NHS Leadership Academy. For information about applying please visit the Scheme’s recruitment website at www.nhsgraduates.co.uk.
The purpose of the Graduate Management Training Scheme is to identify, recruit and develop talented individuals who have the potential to become future leaders in the NHS.
The award winning Scheme has been running for more than 50 years and its alumni include three out of the last four NHS Chief Executives, including the current NHS Chief Executive, Sir David Nicholson. The Scheme recruits between 150 and 200 trainees a year to its two-year programmes, which offers a fast track blended learning experience, consisting of rotational work experiences across the NHS, professional qualifications, and personal learning and development.
The Scheme is hosted by the NHS Leadership Academy but delivered in partnership across the NHS system by the Academy, local NHS organisations and SHA/Cluster leadership development teams to provide an integrated and holistic learning experience for trainees.
The Scheme is leading edge in its design and delivery, utilising a full range of learning approaches, and sets the standard for fast track leadership development at ‘entry level management and leadership’ in the NHS. It is continually updated to reflect the changing nature of leadership development and our evolving healthcare system.
The learning within the Scheme instils following key factors in each of its trainees: that it is there mission to improve healthcare for the benefit of the patient, to uphold the NHS Constitution and to live by the values of the NHS.
The Scheme consistently outperforms other major graduate recruiters in terms of its overall retention rates. As an example, the retention rate for year one of the Scheme stands at 97.5 per cent, compared with 93 per cent of other graduate recruiters.
Payback – Return on Investment for the NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme
You will need Adobe PDF Reader to view PDF documents
The Scheme has many national awards for best practice and the quality of its learning and development offer. Here are just some of our latest awards:
- Number 4 in The Guardian UK 300 2012
- Top rated Public Sector Employer in The Guardian UK 300 2011 and 2012
- Number 6 in The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2012 and we have been in the top ten in the The Times Top 100 list every year since 2001
- HR Graduate Employers of Choice for The Times Top 100 2012. (Also winners in 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
- Target Jobs Public Sector Graduate Employer of the Year 2012
- Large Employer of the Year in the CIMA annual awards 2011. This was in recognition of the outstanding leadership development and all round learning opportunities we provide our Finance graduate trainees.
- Winner of the Diversity Award, CIPD Recruitment Marketing Awards 2010
- 2009 Association of Graduate Recruiters (AGR): Graduate Selection & Assessment Award. This is awarded in recognition of the rigour and fairness of the recruitment process. (Also winner in 2007 & runner up in 2010)
- 2009 GTI Online Recruitment Student User Survey: we ranked as one of the leading online application systems, as voted for by students.
But it is not just our scheme that is award winning – our people are too. For example our Finance graduates continuously do well in their CIMA exams, with some achieving world-leading scores.
To find out more about the NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme please explore the rest of the pages in this section.
For application information please visit: www.nhsgraduates.co.uk