How you will learn
The Mary Seacole programme is six months long with 100 hours of online study, plus three full-day behavioural workshops currently delivered virtually.
Learning is accessed through:
- The NHS Leadership Academy’s virtual campus, which includes programme films, interactive content, discussion forums and online resources
- Three one day skills workshops working with expert facilitators
For detailed information on programme structure click here.
The programme costs £995 per person for those providing NHS-funded care. Payable in full prior to the start of the programme.
The cost is fully inclusive of the three virtual workshops and access to the virtual campus.
Participants are able to self-fund a place on the programme. To self-fund, please sign your name in section three of the terms and conditions as the person who will be responsible for payment when completing your application.
- Encouragement to look within you for the right leadership style, rather than comparing yourself to others
- Increased awareness of your abilities, enabling you to more clearly identify which styles fit your strengths, your emotional intelligence and how best to use it, how your behaviours might impact on others
- The authority, capacity and motivation to implement change
- The tools to transform emotion into an asset
- Greater self-awareness and emotional intelligence, enabling you to work with others more effectively
- Leads to NHS Leadership Academy Award in Healthcare Leadership
- Better succession planning, due to having an increased number of capable leaders in the pipeline
- A wider pool of professional skills to draw on within the organisation
- Structured, evidence-based perspectives on decision-making which have a positive impact
- People with greater positive impact on organisational culture
- Leaders who have powerful strategies to achieve change
- A healthier degree of challenge throughout the organisation rather than just at a senior level
How to apply
To apply, you will need to provide your details and a personal statement.
We have also created applicant guide to help you with your application. We recommend you read this before applying.
We particularly encourage all colleagues from underrepresented groups to consider our leadership development offers.
Please note, where we are oversubscribed for applications, we reserve the right to close applications early for that cohort.
In the first instance, places on the Mary Seacole programme are awarded on the merit of the applicant’s personal statement. Where we have a large number of applicants with equally strong personal statements, we will award places on a first come, first serve basis.
To apply for this programme, please fill in our application form here.
If you want to talk to us about your leadership development, please contact the programme team by email at [email protected].
To check your eligibility for the programme please click here.
Please check that you are available to attend all workshops before selecting your preferred cohort.
Please note that all cohorts will run virtually. However, where possible please apply for the cohort in the geographical location you are based. This is to support cohort networking.
Early application is encouraged as cohorts will close when they are at maximum capacity.
Cohort 118 – North West
|Programme Start Date||23 August 2022|
|Workshop 1||20 September 2022|
|Workshop 2||15 November 2022|
|Workshop 3||10 January 2023|
|End||21 February 2023|
Cohort 119 – East of England
|Programme Start Date||25 August 2022|
|Workshop 1||22 September 2022|
|Workshop 2||17 November 2022|
|Workshop 3||12 January 2023|
|End||23 February 2023|
Cohort 109 – North East and Yorkshire
|Programme Start Date||05 September 2022|
|Workshop 1||03 October 2022|
|Workshop 2||28 November 2022|
|Workshop 3||23 January 2023|
|End||06 March 2023|
Cohort 120 – South West
|Programme Start Date||07 September 2022|
|Workshop 1||05 October 2022|
|Workshop 2||30 November 2022|
|Workshop 3||25 January 2023|
|End||08 March 2023|
Cohort 122 – North East and Yorkshire
|Programme Start Date||20 September 2022|
|Workshop 1||18 October 2022|
|Workshop 2||13 December 2022|
|Workshop 3||07 February 2023|
|End||21 March 2023|
Cohort 123 – Midlands
|Programme Start Date||22 September 2022|
|Workshop 1||20 October 2022|
|Workshop 2||15 December 2022|
|Workshop 3||09 February 2023|
|End||23 March 2023|
Cohort 124 – London
|Programme Start Date||11 October 2022|
|Workshop 1||09 November 2022|
|Workshop 2||11 January 2023|
|Workshop 3||01 March 2023|
|End||12 April 2023|
Cohort 125 – North West
|Programme Start Date||18 October 2022|
|Workshop 1||16 November 2022|
|Workshop 2||18 January 2023|
|Workshop 3||08 March 2023|
|End||19 April 2023|
Cohort 126 – East of England
|Programme Start Date||26 October 2022|
|Workshop 1||23 November 2022|
|Workshop 2||25 January 2023|
|Workshop 3||15 March 2023|
|End||26 April 2023|