Your next step in healthcare leadership
If, as a middle leader, you’re aspiring to take on a more senior role while, at the same time, looking to have a wider impact by leading a culture of compassion, then this programme, inspired by the inspirational and visionary leader Elizabeth Garrett Anderson, is ideal for you. It will equip you with the confidence to challenge the status quo and drive real and lasting change to improve the patient experience.
From the last three intakes, almost 50% of participants reported that they’d been promoted during the programme, with over 90% attributing this to learning.
The Elizabeth Garrett Anderson programme is a unique healthcare leadership programme delivered as a joint award from the University of Birmingham and the University of Manchester with additional contributions from the UK Improvement Alliance, Eden & Partners, National Voices, and the Social Care Institute for Excellence. This world-class provider mix of internationally renowned healthcare, business and academic experts brings with it a comprehensive perspective. Our part-residential programme allows cohorts of participants to develop together, to draw upon one another’s experiences and build bonds that they can take into their careers.
Above all, the focus is on helping you to become more resilient and able to meet the demands of working in often high-pressured healthcare environments so that patients see improved outcomes and experiences.
The programme is fully accredited, leading to an NHS Leadership Academy Award in Senior Healthcare Leadership and a Masters in Healthcare Leadership.
- Learn from innovative, world-class healthcare experts and use ground breaking learning technologies to prepare for the challenges of senior leadership
- Gain a deeper understanding of the patient experience
- Strengthen your existing leadership practice through cutting edge theory and evidence
- Work more strategically with greater collaboration across large and complex programmes, departments, services and systems of care
- Bring immediate positive and productive changes to your team(s), organisations, services and patients in areas such as increasing staff morale, improving patient experience, effective service redesign, and providing financial benefits
- Improve your personal impact to help drive progress in your team(s) and inspire your organisation to build a culture of inclusive, patient centred care
- Build a powerful, regional and national support network of like-minded, influential leaders
- Increase your resilience to meet the demands of senior leadership within the challenging, transforming environment of the NHS.
- Graduate with a highly sought after leadership development qualification, improving your career and promotion prospects across the NHS
Organisations will benefit from supporting your employees to participate on The Elizabeth Garrett Anderson programme through:
- Improving the organisation’s success with participants bringing immediate positive and productive changes to their teams, services and patients in areas such as increasing staff morale, improving patient experience, effective service redesign, and financial benefits
- Developing participants to work more strategically with greater collaboration across large and complex programmes, departments, services and systems of care, leading to less waste and more efficient use of resources
- Participants building a powerful, regional and national support network of like-minded, influential leaders
- Participants building personal resilience, confidence and capabilities to meet the demands of senior leadership within the challenging, transforming environment of the NHS
- Increasing the number of inspiring and innovative leaders in the organisation’s talent pipeline for better succession planning
- Improved leadership practice having a greater positive impact on organisational culture, and inclusive, patient-centred care.