How you will learn
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments. The programme is delivered fully online giving you total control of where, when and how you learn and the opportunity to complete it in your own time, at your own pace.
At the end of each level, you will write a short reflective assignment to complete the level and gain an NHS Leadership Academy Award.
For detailed information on programme structure click here.
If you work or study in the United Kingdom and have a role or a placement in a public health or care role you may apply through the NHS Leadership Academy for free course upgrades before starting the course. For more details of eligibility for a free upgrade please read the requirements before applying.
From February, if you are outside the United Kingdom or do not have a role or placement funded by the NHS and so fall outside of the eligibility requirements, you may take part in Course 0 for free and pay for access to Level 1 & 2 if you apply through FutureLearn once live.
- The programme has been designed for colleagues who are new to health and care or an aspiring leader at the start your leadership journey.
- The programme enables you to become a part of the Academy’s wider membership, connecting with other health and social care colleagues and peers on the programme to share ideas, solve difficult problems and build your own support network.
- You will apply your new skills in-role as you learn throughout the programme and make immediate improvements to patient care.
- The Edward Jenner programme supports health and care professionals in the first step on their leadership journey.
- It offers support and learning to build personal resilience, confidence and capabilities which individuals can take back to the organisation.
- All of the short courses in the programme are delivered online enabling participants to learn in at any time and any place.
- The practical content means that participants apply new skills and work on improvement initiatives within their role.
This programme is available on a rolling basis with a new cohort opening on the first Monday of the month.
How to enrol
To enrol in the new Edward Jenner programme (version 3), visit the structure page to find out more about the suite of courses. Otherwise, get started by enrolling in Course 0: An introduction to personal development.
Or, enrol in the previous version of the Edward Jenner programme (Version 2.1).
If you want to talk to us about your leadership development, please contact the programme team at [email protected]